Blockchain is a great resource for checking out Bitcoin activity and it also turns out they have fantastic wallet solutions for a wide variety of platforms. Today I’ll walk you through the setup of a Blockchain web-based wallet and connecting this wallet to your Android device. Note, the process for iOS is quite similar.
Creating a new web wallet
- Head over to Blockchain and enter a email/password combination for your wallet. Note, password strength is high – you’ll need 10 characters minimum.
- After doing so, a window will pop up with your wallet recover mnemonic. I highly recommend you PRINT THIS and keep it safe. You don’t want to lose this information. Press Continue when you’re done.
- Don’t forget to check your email and click on the verification link to confirm your email address.
- You’ll be prompted to log in at the next step, so please do so. If you can’t use the login form, try the log in link in the email you received.
- Once you’re logged in, that’s it! You’re ready to use Bitcoin. It should look something like this:
Connect your Mobile Device to this wallet
- For starters, download the Android or iOS wallet for your mobile device.
- From the app, click on “Connect Existing Wallet” then click on “Scan Pairing Code”
- Log into your web wallet and click on the Account Settings button (see above).
- Once you’ve logged in, click on Devices, then Show/Hide Pairing Code
- Scan the pairing code from your phone – you might need to re-enter your password.
- As a final step, you’ll need to create a 4-digit PIN for using the mobile app. After this, you’re done!